Gadgirth-Holm

   GADGIRTH-HOLM, with Bankfoot, a hamlet, in the parish of Coylton, district of Kyle, county of Ayr; containing 77 inhabitants. It is seated on the south side of the river Ayr, and consists simply of a group of cottages. Gadgirth House is a plain modern mansion, of an oblong form, standing on the bank of the Ayr, and forming the centre of a beautiful and interesting landscape.

A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. . 1856.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Coylton —    COYLTON, a parish, in the county of Ayr, 5 miles (S. E.) from Ayr; containing, with the villages of Craighall, Gadgirth holm and Bankfoot, Joppa, and Knockshaggle holm, 1484 inhabitants. This place, the name of which is of uncertain derivation …   A Topographical dictionary of Scotland

  • Dalmore House and Estate — Dalmore House Dalmore House in the 19th Century …   Wikipedia

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.